PROEMED specific objectives are:
- To create Master study programmes in Environmental Protection and Energy Efficiency in Buildings and implement them in Universities from Fes, Gabes, Marrakech, Mostaganem, Sousse and Tlemcen, having different training directions.
- To support the curricular integration process by designing of the study programmes according to the updated requirements and trends of the Bologna Process dimension and the “student-centred” approach.
- To cooperate with stakeholders so that the employment perspectives of the graduates enhance, the capability of the teaching staff to meet labour market demands is enhanced and the new curricula focus to environmental / energy problem solving.
- To ensure the mainstreaming of the improved educational elements and their exploitation beyond the project lifecycle by some dissemination actions and stipulation of a network among so-called “Green Institutions”, with important role of the Partner Countries’ Universities.
- To spread, promote and enhance the knowledge towards the EU «20-20-20 targets» and NZEB policies (Nearly Zero Energy Building) referred to Environmental Protection and Energy Efficiency.
Therefore, PROEMED project is focused on the establishment of new Master degree programmes on energy efficiency in buildings in South Mediterranean Area universities. The aims, objectives and contents of the upcoming Master courses will be defined on the basis of targeted needs analysis developed during expertise visits performed by senior teaching staff from EU universities and institutions at each university of the Partner Countries, as well as in the framework of local workshops with stakeholders.
The structures of the Master programmes are different according to the specific needs of each institution and encompass different aspects of the broad topics connected with energy efficiency in buildings, ranging from the design up to the operations management.
In designing the Master programmes, a deep and broad involvement of stakeholders is promoted by an extensive online survey among South Mediterranean Area institutions. The given questions are targeted at collecting precise info for the development of the programmes. In particular, the questions are proposed in closed form, in order to obtain complete answer and to make possible the statistical interpretation of the data. Finally, to increase the capacity in designing Master programmes, with specific focus on learning outcomes formulation, European expert are involved.
The didactical activities will be supported with a mix of different instruments, such as didactical laboratory, visiting from EU professors to Partner Countries universities and a set of teaching aids, which will be developed during the project.
As for the laboratories, each university will propose a set of instruments to buy in order to set up didactical laboratories (e.g. software, measurement devices, etc.), which will be evaluated by the EU experts in terms of consistency and utility with the upcoming master courses.
During the first year of the master courses, EU experts will contribute to the courses by providing lectures at Partner Countries universities.
Finally, teaching aids will be developed by all the universities involved in the consortium. The teaching will include teaching material (e.g. theoretical notes, exercises & case studies) to support the modules included in the PROEMED courses.
Besides, the identified horizontal priorities are: 1) Fostering the assessment of transversal skills
2) Promoting the take-up of practical entrepreneurial experiences in education, training and youth work. As for point 1, it is necessary to allow the students to practice and develop their transversal skills (e.g. English language, IT abilities, team working, etc.) by means of their utilization during the implementation of the course modules. As for point 2, it is necessary to provide a formal training for entrepreneurial ideas development and business planning. This can be effectively pursued during the visit of EU teachers in the 3rd year of the project.
All the project information is constantly published on the present website, available in English and French language.
As regards the project management, PROEMED consortium is composed by 14 partners, plus 3 associated ones; therefore it is fundamental to implement appropriate management procedures, but at the same time, easily to implement. In light of this, the website, in addition to Google Drive and Dropbox, will be chosen as a document sharing/ communication platform, so that all the consortium members have access to all the documents in a smooth way.
In addition to the project boards having internal relevance, an external advisory board has been established to improve the quality of the project outputs.
WP1. Harmonization of PCUs academic approaches to EU ones relating Environmental Protection and EEB, by analysis of best practices and stakeholders’ involvement, aimed at developing the new Master study-programmes and related programmes handbooks. [PREPAR]
- 1 Definition of the Master team at project and at partner university level. Survey on the current overall academic frameworks at ESU.
- 2 Design of the study-programmes according to the EU dimension by seminars in EU and ESU delivered by EU senior teaching staff and academic decision-makers.
- 3 Curricula and courses development by ESU-EU teachers on-line consultation. Revision by stakeholders.
WP2. Actual curricular development process and improvement of the capability of the PCUs teaching staff to implement the reform process by: printing of the integrated Compendia, development of new textbooks, setting-up of didactical laboratories, implementation of the three MCs. [DEVELOP]
- 1 Setting up of the Didactical Laboratories and of the support units in the 3 main sites of the Master (Tlemcen, Marrakech and Sousse).
- 2 Making of 8 (eight) new textbooks to be adopted by the reformed Master Courses. Printing, publishing and distribution of new textbooks.
- 3 Delivering of the first Academic Year of the Master Course.
WP3. Teachers’ capacity building by empowerment of the PCUs junior teaching staff by means of a monthly-intensive retraining sessions in Genoa with training delivered by the EU consortium members. [DEVELOP]
- 1 Intensive retraining course at University of Genoa attended by ESU junior teaching staff
- 2 Internship of the junior teaching staff in local South Mediterranean stakeholders’ institutions.
WP4. Quality control and monitoring by systematic tools and events. [QUAL]
- 1 Internal monitoring by Internal Monitoring and Quality Control Team.
- 2 External quality control by the Evaluation Board members.
- 3. External audit on financial statements.
WP5. Transfer of the improved educational elements and use / implementation of the project results. [DISS]
- 1 Project web site for coordination issues and Master Courses links.
- 2 Intermediate events and Induction Days.
- 3 Final dissemination Conference on Project results.
WP6. Sustainability by establishment of the “EU – ENPI South Green institutions” network and by the PROEMED educational model. [EXPL]
- 1 PROEMED Master networking and Green Institutions agreement.
- 2 Consultation among ESU and stakeholders’ institutions on the PROEMED Educational Model aimed at reporting the path and the expected competences of the new qualification.
WP7. Management and reporting of the project activities [MNGT]
- 1 Coordination meetings.
7.2 Working of management units and official & internal reporting, work-plan execution.